13s North Kim Little: Buchan Ladies v Aberdeen FC Ladies Dons

On a beautiful hot morning in Fetterangus, Aberdeen the Dons took on Buchan in the last league game before the summer break.

Report: Raymond Henderson

Straight from the kick off Buchan pushed forward up the left and fired a low shot wide of Simson's left hand post. The Dons then had a few chances with Whyte having a lot of success down the Dons left wing.

The breakthrough came midway through the first half when Cumming's broke down a Buchan attack and released Whyte who beat her opponent brilliantly and got the ball to French who squared to Walsh who then smashed the ball beyond the keeper into the net.

The Dons started to take hold of the match, French was denied by the Buchan keeper then Walsh fired narrowly over the bar.

Buchan had a great chance to equalise but the shot cannoned off the bar and out to safety.

HT: Buchan 0 Aberdeen FC Ladies Dons 2

The Dons rang the changes at halftime Elric replacing the injured Whyte and both Henderson and Cumming making way for Thomson and Mak.

The Dons started the second half and within 3' extended the lead when Dunn finished brilliantly from a good break down the left.

Aberdeen looked comfortable limiting Buchan to chances from distance but a momentary lapse allowed Buchan to grab a goal back and it gave them a lift, for the next 5' Aberdeen were holding on as Buchan fired just over then narrowly wide on two occasions.

With 15' left the Dons lost Dunn to a hard challenge on the edge of the box which resulted in a free kick and Dunn going off injured. Her replacement Walsh combined with a clever lay off but the shot was blocked.

With 10' left a collision between the Buchan keeper and the on rushing Elrick left both of them on the ground, a brave save from the Buchan keeper. Both managed to carry on but Elrick succumbed to the knock a minute later and was replaced by Henderson.

The Dons then finished the game with French who had made her first start for the club, after two sub appearances, finishing brilliantly past the Buchan keeper.

French then grabbed a second with another superb finish beyond the keeper as the Dons turned the screw on the tiring Buchan side.

Aberdeen could have had another couple of goals on another day but Buchan held out and the referee blew the full time whistle.

FT: Buchan 1 Aberdeen FC Ladies Dons 5

Goals: Walsh, Brzoza, Dunn, 2 French

Top Dons: DUNN

For the second week in a row Dunn was a commanding presence in the midfield and it's great to see her back to her best.

Both teams played the match in a great sporting manner today and it was enjoyable to watch on a beautiful day in the sunshine.

The Dons now prepare for there first ever League Cup Semi Final next Saturday with a home tie v Cove Youth at Hazlehead.