SWPL1: Glasgow City continue their unbeaten run

Glasgow City continued their unbeaten run in all competitions winning 4-2 away to Forfar in the SWPL 1.

Following the impressive midweek win over Spartans, City Head Coach Scott Booth made 5 changes to his starting line-up, with youngsters Erin Clachers, Sarah Clelland, Sam Kerr and Carla Boyce all starting along with Fiona Brown.

City enjoyed the best of the opening exchanges and took the lead on 7 minutes when Leanne Ross played in Ruesha Littlejohn and the Irish international turned and set up Brown to fire the ball into the bottom corner.

City had further chances through Leanne Ross and Littlejohn to extend their lead before Forfar silenced the home side and scored through Tori Sousa to level things up on 17 minutes.

The goal was Forfar's first attack on the City back line and it was also the first goal the reigning Champions have conceded this season and would prove not to be the last.

The away side almost replied immediately but Brown shot wide from the edge of the box when through on goal.

McNicoll in the Forfar goal collected a Cheryl McCulloch attempt from a City corner and Leanne Ross had the ball in the back of the net on the half hour mark, only for her effort to be ruled out for offside. A great save by McNicoll denied Littlejohn soon after and Littlejohn headed wide from a Brown cross as she looked to put City in front.

Savannah McCarthy was next to try her luck, but again McNicoll kept her goal intact.

City did eventually take the lead with five minutes to spare before the half time whistle as good patient build up from City saw the ball eventually worked out wide to Nicola Docherty and after beating the full back the City defender cut inside and rifled a good shot into the back of the net.

Half time 1-2.

After the break, City continued to press to increase their advantage and did so on 54 minutes when Brown headed home a Ross corner. Forfar were however not to be denied and looked dangerous on the attack and got back in the game again two minutes later when Nicola Davidson fired home past Clachers.

Ross should have restored City's advantage soon after, but right down the throat of McNicoll after some great play down the left for the visitors.

McCulloch was shown yellow for a foul on the edge of the City box, but Forfar hit the resultant set piece over the bar.

City made it 4-2 on 66 minutes when Sarah Crilly who had come on for Carla Boyce netted at the near post after an excellent cross from Brown.

With twelve minutes remaining another substitute Jo Love tested the gloves of McNicoll with a left foot shot and Ross hit a curling effort from the edge of the 18 yard box past the post. Sam Kerr also tried her luck from distance, but her effort went over the bar as the clock counted down.

Commenting on the win, City Head Coach said, "I am delighted to end the week with 9 points and some good football. Today, Forfar made it very difficult for us and I would like to give them credit for the way they played. We were below our usual standards, but after three games in a week, I am very happy with three wins."

Reported by Glasgow City FC Picture: Glasgow City FC